The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Za'franiya neighborhood in front of a mini bus ( Kia) carrying construction workers killing 1 worker and injuring 12 others.
- Around 4 pm till 8 pm these incidents took place in Baghdad :
- Mortars hit Nafaq Al-Shurta neighborhood ( west Baghdad ) injuring four people.
- Shooting was opened on a police patrol in Mehdiya neighborhood in Doura ( west Baghdad) injuring four policemen.
- Mortars hit the green zone without having casualties recorded.
- Mortars hit Al-Shurta Al-Rabia'a ( south west Baghdad) killing one civilian and injuring four others.
- mortars hit Amil neighborhood ( south west Baghdad) targeting the army headquarter there without injuries recorded .
- Twenty eight (28) dead bodies were found in Baghdad as the following :
19 dead bodies were in west Baghdad ( Kharkh bank ) ; 6 in Saidiya , 3 in Amil , 3 in Doura , 3 in Shulaa , 2 in Qadisiya , 2 in Abu Ghraib .
While 9 bodies were found in east Baghdad ( Rusafa bank) ; 5 in Adhamiya , 2 in Sadr , 2 in Sha'ab . Kirkuk ( 255 km north of Baghdad)
- Sunday evening , gunmen kidnapped an officer of the Iraqi army (the brigadier general Muhammad Mehdi) at Ma'aridh area in downtown Kirkuk .
- Around 8 pm of Sunday evening , three gunmen opened fire on a resident of Tuz district Haraj suq near in Kirkuk city killing him and kidnapped his son during that time a police patrol came and arrested all of them finding out that one of them is a policeman.
- Around 9.45 pm of Sunday evening , a roadside bomb exploded in front of a house at Tariq Baghdad neighborhood near Uqba bin Nafi'a petrol station in the downtown of Kirkuk having some damage to the house only.
- Around 8 am , a roadside bomb exploded in the downtown of Kirkuk at the celebration field near Zamzam bakery injuring a cab driver .
- Sunday evening, abductors phoned a family in Suleimaniya telling them that their son with three other students are abducted demanding 70 thousand dollars as a ransom to release them. Those students disappeared last Friday on their way from Baghdad (as the college is there) to their home city in Suleimaniya .
- Around 9 am Monday morning, a squad of joint forces had a raid on two houses suspected that terrorists use them as a haunt for them at Huteen village in Dibs district on the way between Dibs and Kirkuk finding out some weapons and ammunitions and the raid ended peacefully having the weapons with the forces possession.
- Around 2.15 pm, a roadside bomb exploded targeting a police patrol on Korneesh street in Kirkuk city injuring two policemen. Mosul ( 396 km north of Baghdad)
- Sunday evening, gunmen assassinated a Christian saint with three of his parish at Al-Noor neighborhood in Mosul city.