The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- A mortar shell hit Abo Disheer neighborhood south Baghdad around 10,00 am. No human casualties reported.
- 1 civilian was killed when a mortar shell hit Al Shurta Al Rabi'aa neighborhood south west Baghdad around 5,15 pm.
- A civilian was killed when a mortar shell hit Al Nahrawan district south Baghdad around 5,15 pm.
- 8 civilians were injured when a mortar shell hit Al Qahira neighborhood north east Baghdad around6,30 pm.
- 3 civilians were killed when a mortar shell hit Jamila neighborhood east Baghdad around 6,30 pm.
- 2 policemen were killed and 1 was wounded when gunmen opened fire targeting their patrol in Bob Al Sham district north east Baghdad around 6,40 pm.
- 3 civilians were wounded in clashes with the Iraqi army in Al Bayaa neighborhood south Baghdad around 7,00 pm.
- 30 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today.25 bodies were found in Karkh, the western part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (6 bodies in Amil, 4 bodies in Doura, 4 bodies in Bayaa, 3 bodies in Jihad, 2 bodies in Adil, 2 bodies in Ghazaliyah, 2 bodies in Saidiyah, 2 bodies in Shoula.) 5 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (2 bodies in Jorf AL Naddaf 1 body in Palestine street, 1 body in Al Jumhuriyah street and 1 body in Adhemiyah.)
- An official source in the local administration of Baladroz east of Baquba said that a police man was killed and another one was injured when a hand grenade exploded near the house Baladroz police commander adding that the explosion happened accidentally.
- A medical source in Diyala health directorate said that the morgue of Baquba hospital received 3 bodies including a body of a woman in her thirties. The source said that the three bodies were shot many times in the head.
- A medical source said that gunmen from what is called (Iraq Islamic State) shot dead a security member working for the health establishment protection unit.
- A source in Kirkuk police directorate said that police found a body of a civilian in one of the neighborhoods of the city. The source said that police found the body of Emad Ahmed Shareef was found in Al Askaryeen neighborhood. The body was shot in different parts.
- A source in the combined coordination center said that an Iraqi police officer from Biji police directorate was killed by gunmen when they shot him dead near the south check point of Biji tow north of Tikrit.
- Three guards working with Shirqat town police commander were injured when an IED exploded targeting the commander convoy. The IED exploded near Al Siniyah district west Biji yesterday evening when the convoy of lieutenant colonel Dawood Mahmoud Al Sahan causing the injury of his guards.
- Gunmen killed Major Kadhum Mutashar , the inspector in the ministry of interior affairs and his tow sons in Al Zubair district west of Basra city yesterday evening. The gunmen killed the inspector near his house injuring one of his neighbors.
- Eyewitnesses said that an electricity engineer working in Baghdad was killed today. Eyewitnesses said that gunmen driving a new sedan car opened fire towards engineer Nawfal Abdul Aal and killed him near Basra university north of Basra city.