The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Laith Hammoudi in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- A civilian was killed and 13 were wounded when an IED exploded targeting civilians in Zafaraniyah district south east Baghdad around 9,00 am.
- A mortar shell hit a house in Mada'in district south Baghdad around 9,00 am damaging the house causing no casualties among the residents.
- A civilian was killed and 3 others wounded in a parked car bomb explosion. The car exploded in a park near Al Sakhra restaurant in Palestine street east Baghdad at 1,00 pm.
- A parked car explosion in Al attar street in Karrada Dakhil (Karrada in) neighborhood downtown Baghdad at 1,00 claiming the life of a civilian and injuring an other 4.
- 2 Iraqi army members were killed and 4 others were injured when a suicide car bomber attacked a check point of the Iraqi army in Al Liqa'a square in Al Mansour neighborhood south west Baghdad around 3,30 pm.
- A policeman was killed and his colleague was injured in a random fire by insurgents in Slekh neighborhood north east Baghdad around 5 ,00 pm.
- 18 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 16 bodies were found in Karkh, the western part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods ( 5 bodies in Amil, 4 bodies in Bayaa, 2 bodies in Saidiyah, 1 body in Risalah, 1 body in Mansour, 1 body in Taji, 1 body in Ghazaliyah and 1 body in Shurta the 5th. 2 bodies were found in Shaab neighborhood in Rusafa, the eastern part of Baghdad
- A security source in the combined operation room in Diyala province said that 3 policemen were killed by Qaida insurgents. The source said that the Qaida insurgents stopped the car of the three policemen in Al Mustafa intersection west Baquba and shot them dead.
- A security source said that gunmen killed 3 civilians and injured a fourth one in Khirnabat area north of Baquba today morning.
- Police sources in Muqdadiyah town north eat of Baquba city said that 3 men including a policeman were injured when insurgent opened fire targeting them in Al Mu'alimeen neighborhood north Muqdadiyah town today afternoon. The source said that another civilian was kidnapped todayby another gunmen group in the same neighborhood.
- Iraqi police said that 2 civilians were killed and 2 others were injured by unknown gunmen in tow incidents on Tikrit- Kirkuk motorway north of Baghdad early morning today.
- Iraqi police said that a child was killed by American soldiers when they opened fire on a house in Al sajla neighborhood close to Dujail town north of Baghdad yesterday evening. The source added that the shooting caused the death of some cows and sheep.
- Iraqi police said that gunmen killed a man and burnt his car in Yathrib neighborhood east Balad town north of Baghdad.
- Eyewitnesses said that 2 students were killed and 2 others were injured in clashes between the British forces and gunmen in Al Qurna town north Basra today afternoon. The eyewitnesses said that the students were leaving home from school which is in the area of the clashes.