The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Laith Hammoudi in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
Baghdad - A policeman was killed and three others injured in an IED explosion targeted their vehicle near Seíida gas factory in Zafaraniyah district south east Baghdad at 9,00 am.
- A civilian was killed and three others injured ( from the same family) when a mortar shell fell on one of the houses in Mahdiyah neighborhood , a part of Doura district south Baghdad around 11,30 am.
- 2 civilians were killed and 5 were injured in a suicide car bomb in Al Rosafi square downtown Baghdad around 3,40 am.
- A civilian was shot dead by the American forces in Shoala neighborhood west Baghdad around 4,00 pm.
- 4 civilians from one family were wounded when a Katyosh rocket fell on their houses in Karrada neighborhood downtown Baghdad around 4,30 pm.
- 2 civilians were injured in an IED explosion targeted the civilian sin Al Shurta Al Rabi'aa neighborhood south west Baghdad at 4,30 pm.
- A member of Police commandos was killed and two others were injured by a sniper who targeted a commandos' patrol in Um Al Ma'alif neighborhood south Baghdad around 5 pm.
- 4 Iraqi army soldiers were injured in an IED explosion targeted their patrol in Doura neighborhood south Baghdad at
- A civilian was killed in an IED explosion targeted the civilian in Saidiyah neighborhood south Baghdad at 5,00 pm
- 15 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 13 bodies were found in Karkh, the western part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (3 bodies in Doura, 2 bodies in Shoala, 2 bodies in hay Al Amil, 2 bodies in Mahmoudiyah, 2 bodies in Hay Al Jihad and 2 bodies in Bayaa.) 2 bodies were found in Risafa, the eastern part of Baghdad, one body was found in Sadr city and another body was found in Shaab neighborhood.
Tikrit - Three gunmen were killed in clashes with the Iraqi police near the western entrance of Samarra city north of Baghdad today early morning. Four Iraqi policemen were injured and Iraqi police confiscated few guns and grenades.
- Iraqi police in Tikrit found tow anonymous bodies in Tal Gseba village on Tikrit- Tooz street east of Tikrit.
- A police officer was killed and three policemen were inured in an IED explosuion targeted their patrol on the main near Al Hujjaj street.
Kirkuk province - A policeman was wounded in an IED explosion near one of the bridges in Al Qadisiyah neighborhood downtown Kirkuk city at 8 am today.
- A gunman was killed and his colleague was injured while they were trying to plant a bomb near the house of an employee in Hawija police directorate.
- A police source in Biji city said that an American soldier was killed by a sniper in Biji city north of Tikrit midday.
Diyala. - A medical source in Baquba city north of Baghdad said that 4 civilians including tow women were injured when clashes broke up between a combined force of the Iraq army & the MNF and insurgents in Al Muíalimeen neighborhood west Baquba today early morning.
- A security source said that 5 members of one family (a family of a security member) were injured when a bomb exploded near their house gate in Al Mustafa neighborhood west Baquba early morning today. The source confirmed that another bomb exploded when a police patrol passed through Al Mustafa neighborhood but not casualties were recorded.
- A security source said that two civilians were injured when insurgents opened their guns fire randomly near Diyala governorate building downtown Diyala city today morning.
- A police source in Miqdadiya town east north Baquba city said that a civilian was killed and two policemen were injured when insurgents opened their guns fire in Al Muíalimeen neighborhood today morning.
- A security source close to the 5th Iraqi army division said that insurgents groups fought each other today to control the eastern entrance of Baquba city. The source confirmed according to eyewitnesses that three insurgents were killed while a civilian was injured during the clashes.
- A source in Diyala police 1st emergency brigade said that a force from the brigade arrested tow suspects and confiscated some weapons while searching some houses in Al Mustafa neighborhood west Baquba.
Basra. - The spokesman of the MNF in the south said that a British soldier was injured in an IED explosion near the educational hospital downtown Basra city south Iraq.
- The spokesman of Basra police said that 4 mortar shells fell on the British consulate downtown Basra city without referring to any casualties.