The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Sahar Issa in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
Baghdad - Around 08:30 am: Car bomb targets a Police Patrol in Hay Al-Amil, west Baghdad. The booby-trapped car was left on the side road with a dead body inside it as bait. It exploded as the policemen drew near to inspect it, killing 2 policemen and wounding 6.
- Around 08:40 am: Gun fire targets the convoy of the Chief of Traffic Police, General Jaífar Kathum Al-Khafaji, as it passes through the junction of Al-Nidaí Mosque, Hay Al-Qahira, north Baghdad, on itís way to Al-Shaab. The security detailís vehicle is hit, and rolls over. 2 security guards were killed and 2 injured.
- Around 09:45 am: A disregarded car on the side of the road explodes near Al-Mahmoudiya Hospital, in a crowded market place in Mahmoudiya City, to the south of Baghdad. 4 were killed and 20 wounded, all civilians.
- Around 10:30 am: An IED explodes in the market place in Al-Beyaaí, west Baghdad, Road 20. It is a central market place frequented mostly by women and families. 3 civilians were killed and 20 injured, some of whom were women and children.
- Around 10:45 am: Al-Jazaíir Police Station in Al-Qanat Area , east Baghdad is targeted with mortar missiles that fall short, hitting a relatively empty area behind it wounding 4 civilians.
- Around 2:15 p.m. A mortar shell landed in Al Zawra park causing injuries to one civilian.
- Around 2:30 p.m. A mortar shell landed in Al Harthiya area causing injuries to one civilian.
- Gunmen abducted Dr. Ridha Al Quraishi the dean assistant of the Management and Economy College in Al Talbiya are after he left the college.
- Around 4:00 p.m. a road side bomb exploded in Yarmouk neighborhood. no casualties.
- Around 4:30 p.m. Gunmen killed optician doctor Kareem Najim Al Daini in Mahmoudiya town.
- Around 5:00 p.m. mortar round landed in Mahmoudiya. 5 civilians wee injured.
- Around 5 p.m. driving by shooting targeted residents of Al Shabab neighborhood. 1 was killed and 3 were injured.
- Around 7:00 p.m. A suicide detonated his vest in Shalal market in Shaab neighborhood north Baghdad. The bomb exploded between a recordings shop that sells the Shiite chants and a clothe shop. The blast claimed the lives of 60 civilians and injured about 40.
- Around 8:00 p.m. a suicide car bomb targeted an Iraqi army checkpoint in Al Jamiaa neighborhood. 3 soldiers were killed and 16 were injured.
- Police found 25 corpses in Baghdad. The bodies were found in the following neighborhoods: 2 corpses in Ameriya, 2 in Jamiaa, 2 in Ghazaliya, 2 in Hurriya, 1 in Mansour, 2 in Shuala, 2 in Adhamiya, 1 in Etafiya, 1 in Ealam, 7 in Doura, 1 in New Baghdad and 2 in Kadhimiya.
- Around 4:00 p.m. Three car bombs exploded in Al Khalis city (20 Km north of Baqouba). The first suicide car targeted a joint Iraqi plice and army patrol in central the city, few minutes later a parked car exploded in the cityís crowded bus station and the third suicide ambulance car targeted a police patrol. Mortar shells landed in the first attack site and after the three attacks gunmen attacked different sites in the area. Two road side bombs detonated on the road leading to the hospital in the city. The attacks claimed the lives of 47 and injured 91.
- IED exploded at 08:30 pm yesterday evening targeting the convoy of the Deputy Governor of Kirkuk, Ali Al-Hammadi an Arab native of the city, in the area of Qassab Khana near the college of Law, wounding Hammadi and 2 of his security guards.
- IED exploded targeting a police patrol of Al-Urouba police station, yesterday evening, killing one policeman and injuring 2 others.
- Gunmen abducted three police officers on the main road between Samara and Al Dour early morning today.
- Police found a policeman dead body in Beiji today. The policeman was kidnapped by gunmen two days ago from the same city.