The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Laith Hammoudi in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
- 17 civilians were killed and 50 others were injured when tow parked car bombs and a mortar shell exploded in Al Shurta 4th neighborhood south Baghdad around 10,30 am. the first car exploded near a local market while the second car exploded near the intersection of Al Shurta 4th. The mortar shell fell in a place between the two exploded cars.
- An IED exploded in Al Amil neighborhood south west Baghdad targeting an American convoy passing in the area. The IED exploded around 11,30 am damaging one American vehicle.
- 5 civilians were killed and 11 were injured when an IED exploded inside a bus near Al Kadhimiyah court in Utefiyah neighborhood north Baghdad around 12,30 pm.
- 9 civilians were killed and 17 were injured when a parked car bomb exploded near Abo Afeef Sweet shop in Karrada out neighborhood downtown Baghdad around3,30. the explosion targeted a national police patrol passing in the area.
- 3 civilians were injued in an IED explosion in Al Kasra neighborhood, part of Adhamiyah neighborhood north Baghdad around 4,00 pm.
- 4 civilians were wounded when a mortar shell fell in Shaab neighborhood east Baghdad around 4,30 pm
- 3 national police members were injured when an IED exploded on Jadriyah bridge downtown Baghdad around 4,30 p,
- Around 5,00 pm , a parked car bomb exploded near Al Imam Al Mahdi Husseiniyah (Shiite mosque) in Abo Ghrib neighborhood west Baghdad. No casualties were reported.
- A civilian was injured in an IEd explosion in Doura neighborhood around 5,00 pm.
- Around 9 ,00 pm, a car bomb exploded in Al Attar street between Karrada in and Karrada out downtown Baghdad. the casualties report was not provided yet.
- 30 bodies were found in Baghdad today. 27 bodies were found in Karkh, the eastern part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (7 bodies in Amil, 5 bodies in Bayaa, 5 bodies in Risalah, 4 bodies in Shurta 5th , 2 bodies in Jihad, 2 bodies in Hurriyah and 2 bodies in Saidiyah). 3 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern part of Baghdad, 2 bodies were found in Sadr city and 1 body in Sleihkh.
Salah Al Deen Province.
- A security source in Salah Al deen province said that a group of gunmen attacked the convoy of the commander of the 3rd division of the Iraqi border forces near the industrial district in Biji town north of Tikrit today morning. The attack claimed the lives of three of the commander companions including a colonel. The commander was injured in the incident. 4 others were injured including a woman and a Sudanese man.
- Sources in Tikrit police directorate said that the American forces shot dead early morning to day a civilian. Fawzi Mahmoud Abo Ijja was killed by the US forces in Trablah area 20 Kms south of Tikrit city.
- Police patrols found the body of their colleague Luai Hameed Abdullah on Dor ñ Toz street today after noon. The policeman was kidnapped early morning today from Abo Ajeel area east Tikrit.
- A police man was killed and a Lieutenant Colonel was wounded when an IED exploded in a football yard in Sdira Al Sofla village in the west side of Shergat city north west of Tikrit city early morning today. Its to be mentioned that the killed policeman is one of the guard of staff Major General Mohammed Khalaf, the deputy of the interior minister.
- A source in the combined coordination center in Salah Al deen province said that unknown insurgents driving about 10 cars attacked Al Nibaíie police check point which is a part of Dujail town police. The check point responded to the attack. The insurgents run away after kidnapping 15 civilians.
- A source in Karkuk police operation room said that a group of insurgent driving a red Opel sedan shot dead a soldier serving in teh 3rd battalion of the 1st brigade of the infrastructure. The soldier was killed near Abbas Namla village om Riyadh- Biji street north Tikrit.
- A source in the Iraqis police said that police patrols found today the bodies of 5 Iranian citizens near Khanaqeen district north east of Baquba city.
- The commander of Diyala border force Brigadier General Nadhim Shareef Abdallah said that an insurgent group kidnapped yesterday 6 drivers of fuel tanks on the street linking between Imam Wes and Khanaqeen north east Baquba. The source said that police patrols found the bodies today saying ì5 of them were Iranians. Shareef said that the border forces tried to deliver the bodies to the Iranian authorities on the border but the Iranian authorities told them to contact the Iranian embassy in Baghdad to inform them about the incident. The bodies had been taken to the general hospital of Khanaqeen town.
- A security
- Source in Diyala police said that a civilian was killed when gunmen opened fire near Baquba market. Another civilian was injured in another attack in the same place.
- Tow policemen were injured when gunmen attacked a police check point in Al Ameen neighborhood in Baquba city.
- A security source said that a civilian was killed and 9 others were wounded when a parked car bomb exploded on the main street in Baquba city few seconds after an Iraqi American patrol passed yesterday evening.
- Khalis town commissioner said that an insurgents group set a faked checkpoint and kidnapped two cars carrying 6 people taking them to an unknown direction.
- Governmental sources in Khalis town 10 Kms north of Baquba said that 2 farmers were killed and another farmer was injured in an American bombing targeted Al Bosaíib village yesterday.