The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Laith Hammoudi in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
- 3 civilians were killed and 17 injured when mortar shells fell in Mahmoudiyah town south Baghdad around 2,00 pm.
- Rasha Hameed a female student was killed by a sniper in Um Al Maíalif neighborhood south Baghdad around 2,15 pm.
- Tow citizens were injured including a policeman when gunmen opened fire targeting a police patrol in Al Amil neighborhood south west Baghdad around 2,30 pm
- A civilian was wounded when gunmen opened fire randomly in Al Jihad neighborhood south west Baghdad around 2,30 pm.
- Around 3,00 pm mortar shelss fell on Adhamiyah police center in Adhamiyah neighborhood north Baghdad. No casualties were reported.
- An IED exploded in Zayouna neighborhood east Baghdad around 10,00 am. No casualties were reported.
- 1 civilian was killed and 3 others were injured when a mortar shell fell in Um Al Maíalif neighborhood south Baghdad around 3,30 pm
- 2 civilians were injured when a mortar shell fell in Zafaraniyah area south east Baghdad around 5,00 pm
- 11 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 10 bodies were found in Karkh, the western part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods, (2 bodies in Doura, 2 bodies in Bayaa, 2 bodies in Hurriyah, 1 b oy in Risalah, 1 body in Eíalam, 1 body Jihad and 1 body in Amil.) 1 body was found in Sadr city in the eastern part of Baghdad knopw as Rosafa side.
Salah Al Deen
- Police sources in Tikrit city said that 3 Iraqi policemen were killed and 6 civilians were injured in a suicide car bomb attack targeted Al Eshaqi police directorate north of Baghdad today morning.
- Sources in the Iraqi police in Mosul city said that gunmen killed today the dean of the political science college Dr. Talal Younic Al Jalili while he was leaving Mosul university today afternoon.
- Unknown gunmen killed today Dr. Jafar Sadiq Hasan, the lecturer in the college of Art in Mosul University near his house in Al Kafaíat neighborhood north east Mosul city early morning today police said.
- Iraqi police said that 13 Iraqi army soldiers from the second battalion were killed and 4 others were injured when insurgents attacked their check point in Al Aídaya village south west Mosul city today.
- Gunmen killed a civilian while he was driving his car near Hawija district north west Karkuk city today morning.
- the spokesman of Basra province police Colonel Kareem Al Zubaidi said that a civilian was killed and 3 others were injured including a woman in clashes happened a British patrol and insurgents west Basra city early morning today. Al Zubaidi said ì the clashes happened in Al Hussein neighborhood west Basra city while the British patrol was searching and raiding the area.î