MODESTO, Calif. — A Modesto Junior College instructor and former reserve police officer in Ripon, Calif., will go to trial on charges he molested two friends of his teenage daughter a year ago and a 17-year-old Explorer Scout nearly two decades ago, a prosecutor said Monday.
A judge found enough evidence last week to send Francisco “Frank” Jose Drummond, 43, before a jury on the charges that include two felony counts of lewd and lascivious acts with the two girls, ages 13 and 15.
A third count alleges Drummond forced oral copulation on the Explorer Scout in 1991. The now-grown woman testified Drummond was her supervising officer for ROP but she “quit the program and never pursued her dream” after the alleged incident, Deputy District Attorney Annette Rees said.
Drummond was arrested during a staff meeting Aug. 28, 2009, at MJC’s east campus, where he taught criminal justice courses, police said.
Drummond resigned from his job as a reserve Ripon police officer just days after police showed up at his Modesto home to investigate allegations of lewd acts with the teenage girls.
Read the full story at modbee.com
Comments