Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was discharged from a New York hospital Wednesday night days after doctors discovered a blood clot stemming from the concussion she sustained last month.
"Her medical team advised her that she is making good progress on all fronts, and they are confident she will make a full recovery," her spokesman Philippe Reines said. "She's eager to get back to the office."
Clinton, 65, suffered a concussion after falling early this month while she recovered from a stomach virus, her spokesman said. The clot was discovered during a follow-up exam Sunday.
She canceled a Dec. 20 appearance before Congress about a report into the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans. Some critics suggested she faked her illness to avoid testifying.
The former first lady and senator announced she would step down during President Obama's second term. Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass. will replace her.
Comments