Heidi Case says she took an “FASD 101” class while living in Alaska. She said it was the first time she had heard the term. “When that class got over, I just lost it. It was then that I realized that this could be what's wrong with Jacob.” Heidi and Jared Case uprooted their family from Utah and moved to Alaska in 2011 to seek psychiatric care for their son, Jacob. While living in Wasilla, Heidi began to learn about the effects her drinking had on Jacob while she was pregnant. Jacob was diagnosed with partial fetal alcohol syndrome in 2012.
Heidi Case says she took an “FASD 101” class while living in Alaska. She said it was the first time she had heard the term. “When that class got over, I just lost it. It was then that I realized that this could be what's wrong with Jacob.” Heidi and Jared Case uprooted their family from Utah and moved to Alaska in 2011 to seek psychiatric care for their son, Jacob. While living in Wasilla, Heidi began to learn about the effects her drinking had on Jacob while she was pregnant. Jacob was diagnosed with partial fetal alcohol syndrome in 2012. Anchorage Daily News
Heidi Case says she took an “FASD 101” class while living in Alaska. She said it was the first time she had heard the term. “When that class got over, I just lost it. It was then that I realized that this could be what's wrong with Jacob.” Heidi and Jared Case uprooted their family from Utah and moved to Alaska in 2011 to seek psychiatric care for their son, Jacob. While living in Wasilla, Heidi began to learn about the effects her drinking had on Jacob while she was pregnant. Jacob was diagnosed with partial fetal alcohol syndrome in 2012. Anchorage Daily News

What you don't know about drinking and pregnancy: Four mothers tell their stories

February 25, 2014 02:42 PM

UPDATED February 25, 2014 02:44 PM

More Videos

  • A health inspector's fate: Contamination

    Byron Vaigneur's job as a health supervisor at the Savannah River nuclear weapons plant in South Carolina was to protect workers from the harmful effects of radiation.  But he could not protect himself – he was exposed to plutonium while sitting at his desk in 1975 and developed cancer as a result.