Hillary Clinton has vaunted to a 15-point lead over bumbling, bombastic and gaffe-plagued Donald Trump, according to a new McClatchy-Marist poll.
Clinton made strong gains with two constituencies crucial to a Republican victory – whites and men — while scoring important gains among fellow Democrats, the poll found. Clinton not only went up, but Trump went down. Clinton now has a 48-33 lead, a huge turnaround from her narrow 42-39 advantage last month.
There are 95 days until the polls open across the nation.
Stuff to read now
▪ U.S. officials are literally laughing at Donald Trump’s claim that he watched a (non-existent) “top secret” Iranian video that showed the U.S. handing over pallets loaded with hundreds of millions of dollars.
▪ Republicans among a new list of foreign policy experts who are calling Trump’s NATO and Russia comments “disgraceful.”
▪ What do Melania Trump’s nude photos reveal? Maybe some legal problems with her immigration history?
▪ “Threat to the survival of the republic.” Why Harvard Republicans are voting against Trump.
The polls should be a wake-up call to Mr. Trump. He’s losing to someone who people believe is a liar.
▪ President Obama writes in Glamour magazine, about being president, raising daughters: ‘This is what a feminist looks like.’
▪ What happens if Donald Trump loses? Does a legacy of paranoia and bigotry continue to flourish?
▪ The modern bloviator’s greatest weakness: The inability to walk away.
From social media
Have a question about the candidates, the campaign, the process, the election itself? Ask us here.