Democrats are as eager as Republicans to make health care a big election year issue.
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee today is expanding its FacesOfRepeal online ad campaign in a dozen competitive House of Representatives districts.
A DCCC statement says the goal is to "highlight the devastating and personal costs of Republicans’ unrelenting efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act."
It goes on to tout the health care law: "Since Jan. 1, millions of Americas are experiencing new and better health plans because of the Affordable Care Act, and yet Republicans in Congress are obsessively planning to repeal the law and bring us back to an old, broken system where insurance companies do whatever they want to hike rates, drop coverage and deny care."
Republicans have been pushing repeal, as well as alternatives, for years, and think they have a strong case.
The districts the Democrats are now targeting:
· Congressman Larry Bucshon (IN-08)
· Congressman Rodney Davis (IL-13)
· Congressman Chris Gibson (NY-19)
· Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins (KS-02)
· Congressman Dave Joyce (OH-14)
· Candidate Charlotte Lane (WV-02)
· Candidate Steve Lonegan (NJ-03)
· Congressman David McKinley (WV-15)
· Candidate Alex Mooney (WV-02)
· Congressman Steve Pearce (NM-02)
· Congressman Reid Ribble (WI-08)
· Congressman Daniel Webster (FL-10)