This undated image attached in a statement released on Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014 on the Hanin Network website, a militant website, shows Fijian UN peacekeepers who were seized by The Nusra Front on Thursday in the Golan Heights in the buffer zone between Syria and Israel. Al-Qaida-linked Syrian rebels holding 45 Fijian peacekeepers hostage have issued a set of demands for their release, including the extremist group's removal from a U.N. terrorist list and compensation for the killing of three of its fighters in a shootout with international troops, an official said Tuesday. (AP Photo/Hanin Network Website)
This undated image attached in a statement released on Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014 on the Hanin Network website, a militant website, shows Fijian UN peacekeepers who were seized by The Nusra Front on Thursday in the Golan Heights in the buffer zone between Syria and Israel. Al-Qaida-linked Syrian rebels holding 45 Fijian peacekeepers hostage have issued a set of demands for their release, including the extremist group's removal from a U.N. terrorist list and compensation for the killing of three of its fighters in a shootout with international troops, an official said Tuesday. (AP Photo/Hanin Network Website) AP
This undated image attached in a statement released on Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014 on the Hanin Network website, a militant website, shows Fijian UN peacekeepers who were seized by The Nusra Front on Thursday in the Golan Heights in the buffer zone between Syria and Israel. Al-Qaida-linked Syrian rebels holding 45 Fijian peacekeepers hostage have issued a set of demands for their release, including the extremist group's removal from a U.N. terrorist list and compensation for the killing of three of its fighters in a shootout with international troops, an official said Tuesday. (AP Photo/Hanin Network Website) AP

Nusra Front sets demands for releasing U.N. peacekeepers

September 02, 2014 04:10 PM

UPDATED September 02, 2014 02:01 PM

More Videos

  • Mexican man whose killing of woman on San Francisco pier launched national immigration debate found not guilty

    Jurors found Jose Ines Garcia Zarate not guilty of murder on Thursday in the killing of Kate Steinle on a San Francisco pier in a case that touched off a national immigration debate. Zarate had been deported five times and was wanted for a sixth deportation when Steinle was fatally shot in the back in 2015. Garcia Zarate didn't deny shooting Steinle and said it was an accident. Before the shooting, the San Francisco sheriff's department had released him from jail despite a federal immigration request to detain him for deportation. Its "sanctuary city" law limits cooperation with U.S. immigration authorities. President Donald Trump cited the case during his campaign in a bid to show the country needed tougher immigration policies.