The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau
- Two Iraqi soldiers were wounded when a roadside bomb detonated near the courts complex in Hurriyah neighborhood in west Baghdad around 8 a.m.
- Two men were wounded when a an adhesive bomb that was stuck to their car in Ur neighborhood in east Baghdad around 12 p.m.
- Eight people including four policemen were wounded when two roadside bombs detonated in kadhemiayh neighborhood in northwest Baghdad around 8 p.m.
A roadside bomb targeted the motorcade of police Col. Hazim Hmoud, Deputy Chief of Checkpoint Affairs, in al Islah al Ziraai neighbourhood, west Mosul, Tuesday, seriously injuring Hmoud and two other policemen.
- Iraqi army soldiers found the body of a young man in west Mosul on Tuesday morning.
- Gunmen assassinated Brigadier General Mohammed Azeez, the director of the criminal evidence department near his house in al-Mithaq neighborhood in east Mosul on Tuesday morning.
- Gunmen driving a speeding car killed two women in al-Arabi neighborhood in west Mosul on Tuesday evening.
-Around 3 p.m. A roadside bomb detonated in downtown Kirkuk city north of Baghdad targeting the vehicle of Ali Qadir, the head of the electoral commission in Kirkuk city.Two of Qadir's guards were wounded.
- A man was killed when his car detonated while he was trying to reach the funeral of an officer in Jalawlaa town northeast Baquba city on Tuesday morning.