The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Three mortar shells slammed into the Green Zone, two of them hit the U.S. embassy according to Iraqi police.
- A sticky bomb stuck to the car of an Iraqi intelligence officer exploded in a parking lot next to the Green Zone causing damages to the car.
- A parked car bomb exploded in Al Mansour neighborhood killing 10 civilians and injuring 58 others around 11 a.m.
- A parked car bomb exploded in Aden square in Kadhemiya killing 19 civilians and injuring 53 others around 11 a.m.
- A sticky bomb stuck to a minibus exploded on the highway near Al Ghazaliyah neighborhood killing a father and his son and injuring four other passengers.
- A roadside bomb exploded near a busy bus station, Nahdha, targeting a general manager in the ministry of electricity, causing damages to his vehicle and injuring three civilians.
Anbar - A suicide bomber drove his car bomb into an Iraqi army checkpoint in central Fallujah killing three soldiers and three civilians and injuring 11 civilians and three soldiers.