The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau
Sx suicide bombers wearing explosive vests and driving a car bomb attempted to storm the military command centre of Rusafa (Baghdad east of the river Tigris), Sunday. They detonated the car bomb at the checkpoint, clashed with the security of the command centre using light arms and hand grenades, then detonated their explosive vests in close proximilty to the command centre. Casualties stand at at least 18 army servicemen killed and another 42 injured.
- Around 7 a.m. gunmen assassinated brigadier general Abdul Mohsin Kathem, an employee of the General inspector directorate in the ministry of defense In Amiriyah neighborhood in west Baghdad.
- Around 7 a.m. gunmen attacked with machineguns Mohammed Ghazi, an employee in the ministry of agriculture near his house in Qadisiyah neighborhood in west Baghdad. Ghazi was seriously injured and moved to the hospital.
- 15 people including six Iraqi soldiers and four policemen were wounded two bomb detonated in sequence targeting civilians in Ghazaliyah neighborhood in west Baghdad around 9 a.m.
- Two members of private security company were injured when a roadside bomb exploded targeting their convoy in south Baghdad around 10 a.m. Baghdad local time.
- Gunmen killed a local contractor and four other civilians in an attack in Samarra city southof Tikrit on Monday evening.
One unidentified body was found in Central Mosul, Monday.
Two mortar rounds slammed near to an army checkpoint in Masarif neighbourhood, east Mosul, injuring one civilian