The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Four policemen were killed and 10 others were injured in a clash with gunmen in a house in Saidiya neighborhood in Baghdad. Federal policemen were responding to a report by a civilian man who followed men stole his car to a house in Saidiya neighborhood. The clash started, as police tried ti break in the house, around 2 a.m. and lasted more than an hour. Gunmen managed to escape and police found about two tons of explosives in a truck inside the house.
- A sticky bomb stuck on a car of a policeman exploded in south Fallujah injuring the policeman.
- Gunmen detonated a bomb inside the house of Jassim Mohammed Salim, a tribal leader and Awakening militia member, in Garma town, north of Fallujah at early morning hours. The explosion killed one child and injured four members of the family.
- Gunmen detonated a bomb inside a house of a policeman in Garma town at early morning hours. The attack resulted in killing the wife and injuring seven members of the family.
- Gunmen detonated a bomb inside a house of a policeman in Al Rashad area north of Fallujah at early morning hours killing two members of his family and injuring five others.
- Gunmen attacked a police checkpoint in south of Fallujah killing one policeman and injuring four others.
- A roadside bomb exploded in Ramadi on Friday killing an employee of Al Anbar health directorate and injuring three civilians.
- Three explosions took place in a busy street in Basra city today killing 43 and injuring 180 civilians. Iraqi police gave different accounts on the cause of the explosions. Basra police chief said the explosions and the fire that started in the area were not a terrorist act but a fire in a big generator led to the explosions of its fuel tank. Other police sources and eye witnesses said the explosions were caused by roadside bombs.
- A suicide bomber wearing a vest bomb tried to attack police Lt. Col. Khalid Jarallah in a market area in Mosul. Jarallah saw the attacker and shot at him before he reaches him but the suicide managed to detonate his vest bomb killing one policeman and injuring five others including Jarallah.