The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Police found decayed bodies of six women and two men in a house in Zayouna neighborhood. Police said the eight were killed by multiple gun shots and were found naked.
- Three roadside bombs exploded successively in Hurriyah neighborhood. The first bomb exploded around 11 p.m. targeting civilians. Few minutes later the second bomb exploded targeting the civilians who gathered at the place and as soon as police patrols arrived to the site the third bomb exploded. The three explosions claimed the life of two civilians and injured four policemen and 16 civilians.
- A rocket slammed into a house in Al Ubeidi neighborhood in northeast Baghdad around 11:15 p.m. The attack killed one civilian and injured two.
- Iraqi security forces killed one civilian and injured two others when police started shooting live bullets responding to demonstrators throwing stones at the Provincial Council building in Basra. The demonstrators were demanding a better electricity in Basra.
- Gunmen attacked a police patrol with a hand grenade in central Mosul. The drive-by attack caused injuries to two civilians.
- A roadside bomb explosion targeted a police patrol in Al Farooq neighborhood injuring two policemen.