The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau
- A bomb planted in front of a liquor store in New Baghdad exploded around 7 a.m. injuring four civilians.
- A sticky bomb stuck on a civilian car of an officer of the Iraqi ministry of interior exploded in Palestine Street around 7:30 a.m. The explosion claimed the life of the driver and injured the officer.
- A roadside bomb exploded in Karrada neighborhood near the Green Zone targeting Adnan Ibraheem, a general manager in the Iraqi ministry of higher education, resulted in injuring three civilians.
- A suicide bomber driving a car bomb targeted an Iraqi police patrol in Al Muthana neighborhood in east Mosul. The attack resulted in injuring three policemen and 10 civilians.
- Gunmen using pistols killed an off-duty Iraqi army soldier in west Mosul.
- A sticky bomb stuck on a traffic police car injured a traffic policeman and two civilians.
- A roadside bomb targeted civilians in Dawasa neighborhood in Mosul the attack resulted in injuring two civilians.