The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau
- Four policemen were killed and 12 others were wounded when a suicide car bomb attacked a police vehicle near Amil Police station in west Baghdad around 7:30 a.m.
- Two civilians were wounded when an adhesive bomb that was attached to their car detonated in Alawi area in downtown Baghdad around 7:45 a.m.
- Around 9 a.m. a roadside bomb detonated in New Baghdad neighborhood in east Baghdad targeting the car of Judge Sadoon Jabbar, the head of Karkh sixth appeal court. Two civilians were wounded. Judge Sadoon survived.
- Around 8:30 a.m. a roadside bomb detonated in Mahmoudiyah town in south Baghdad targeting the local council of Mahmoudiyah. The head of the council, his deputy and six other employees were injured by the explosion.
- Six policemen were wounded when a parked car bomb targeting police patrols detonated in Maisaloon intersection in karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 10:30 a.m.
- Gunmen attacked a checkpoint of Iraqi army in west Mosul city on Sunday morning killing one soldier and injuring another.
- Five people were wounded when a roadside bomb detonated in Sadiyah town north of Baquba on Saturday evening.