The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb explosion targeted passengers’ train heading from Baghdad to the south of Iraq injuring 14 civilians. The explosion took place near Dura neighborhood in south Baghdad.
- Around 8 a.m. a roadside bomb explosion in Palestine St. targeted the convoy of a senior official in the ministry of agriculture injuring two body guards and two civilians.
- Around 9 a.m. a sticky bomb stuck to a parking car exploded in New Baghdad neighborhood injuring one civilian was passing by.
- A bomb placed in a wooden pushcart exploded targeting police members in east Mosul injuring two policemen and a civilian.
- Police found a body carrying multiple gunshots in the head and chest in central Mosul. Police said the identity of the deceased is to be identified.
- A parked car bomb exploded in front of a liquor store in Tel Qasab town northwest of Mosul killing two civilians and injuring 11.
- Three members of Sahwa, American backed Sunni militia, were killed in a bomb explosion near a market in Baquba city on Wednesday.