The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen killed three policemen manning a checkpoint in Abu Ghraib town western Baghdad around 6 a.m.
The incidents below took place between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. - A magnetic bomb stuck to a mini bus exploded in Al Kadhemiyah neighborhood killing one passenger and injuring three others.
- A roadside bomb targeted Shiite pilgrims in Al Mashtal neighborhood killing three and injuring 28 others.
- A roadside bomb targeted Shiite pilgrims in Al Mahmodiyah town injuring five pilgrims.
- A roadside bomb exploded near a Shiite mosque in Karrada neighborhood killing one civilian and injuring four others.
- A magnetic bomb stuck to a civilian vehicle exploded in Al Eskan neighborhood causing no injuries.
- A magnetic bomb stuck to a civilian vehicle exploded near Al Nidaa mosque injuring the driver.
- A roadside bomb exploded in Dora neighborhood injuring two Shiite pilgrims.
- A booby-trapped parked motorcycle exploded in Al Ealam neighborhood killing one civilian and injuring seven others.
- A roadside bomb exploded in Al Falahat town, 10 miles west of Fallujah, targeted Efan Sadoun, a tribal sheikh, a U.S. allied Sunni militia leader and a member of Al Anbar provincial council, injuring two of his body guards.
- A magnetic bomb stuck to the vehicle of a candidate to the coming national election exploded killing one off-duty soldier and injuring the candidate and another relative was in the car.
- A wooden cart loaded with explosive exploded near a historical church in Mosul killing one civilian and injuring four others and causing damages to the church.
- Gunmen using pistols killed a civilian in front of his house in west Mosul.