The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted American military convoy in Kadhemiyah causing damages to one vehicle, Iraqi police said around 1:30 p.m. American military confirmed that there was an attack in northwest Baghdad that resulted in injuring three soldiers.
- Gunmen using pistols with silencers killed an Iraqi army first lieutenant in army’s intelligence near Al Muthana airport.
- Three mortar shells slammed into the Green Zone around 8:30 p.m. Casualties were not released by the Iraqi police.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police vehicle in Al Zinjily area west of Mosul injuring two policemen.
- A roadside bomb targeted Iraqi army vehicle near a market in west Mosul injuring one soldier.
- A roadside bomb targeted Iraqi police vehicle in south Kirkuk killing three policemen and injuring four others.