The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- One civilian was killed and ten others were wounded when a parked car bomb detonated inside Yousifiyah bus station in south Baghdad around 8 a.m.
- One civilian was killed and another was wounded by an adhesive bomb that was stuck to a civilian car in Qanat Street in east Baghdad around 9 a.m.
- A driver was wounded when an adhesive bomb that was stuck to his car detonated in Athemiyah neighborhood in northeast Baghdad around 11 a.m.
- One civilian was killed and three others were wounded by an adhesive bomb that was stuck to a civilian car in Saidiyah neighborhood in south Baghdad around 3 p.m.
- Tow civilians were killed and 28 others were wounded when two bombs detonated inside Musayeb Market north of Hilla city around 10 a.m.
- A bomb detonated near the main gate of a church in west Mosul damaging the gate and the wall only.
- The head of the PUK Party office in Sadiyah was assassinated by a bomb that was planted near his house in Sadiyah town northeast of Baquba on Thursday afternoon.