The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A magnetic bomb stuck to a car of an off duty policeman exploded injuring the policeman and one civilian around 4 p.m.
- Two Iraqi army soldiers were injured when gunmen attacked their checkpoint in west Baghdad around 4:15 p.m.
- A suicide bomber detonated his vest bomb targeting the headquarters of National Unity Gathering, a political party, in central Tikrit. The attack resulted in killing one guard who stopped the attacker from entering inside the building and two civilians around 3 p.m.
- An Iraqi army Captain was killed by a sniper in Wadi Egab area in west Mosul.
- Gunmen attacked a checkpoint manned by Iraqi army soldiers in west Mosul killing one soldier.