The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Two roadside bombs targeted civilians near the market area in Mahmoudiya town south of Baghdad killing one civilian and injuring eight others.
- Three car bombs exploded in Ramadi, 70 miles west of Baghdad, killing 19 and injuring 81. Two car bombs exploded in a quick succession at 12:30 p.m. The third attack targeted the main hospital in the city by a suicide attacker driving a car bomb around 1:20 p.m.
- A roadside bomb explosion targeted Iraqi army soldiers in west Mosul injured one civilian.
- A roadside bomb explosion targeted Iraqi police vehicle in north Mosul injuring one policeman.
- One police ranking officer was killed and three other policemen were injured when a roadside bomb targeted their vehicle in central Tikrit.