The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Three gunmen using pistols with silencers killed one civilian and tried to flee but Iraqi army soldiers clashed with the three men in Haifa Street killing two and one managed to flee yesterday.
- One man was killed when a magnetic bomb stuck to his car exploded near Iraqi Federal police checkpoint at the entry point to Al Amil neighborhood on the airport road around 1:30 p.m.
- Basheer Al Jahishi, a member of Al Hadbaa the ruling bloc in the province, was killed as a magnetic bomb stuck to his car exploded in north Mosul.
- Three policemen were injured when a roadside bomb targeted their vehicle on the 5th bridge in Mosul.
- A magnetic bomb stuck to the car of an Imam exploded in Baladrouz town northern of Baquba. The Imam was injured and another civilian.