The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- One civilian was injured when a sticky bomb exploded under the car of Baghdad provincial council member Mohammed al Rubaiee in Karrada neighborhood around 4 p.m.
- One civilian was injured in a sticky bomb attack in Adhemiyah neighborhood.
- A sticky bomb attack destroyed one civilian car on Palestine Street.
- Two civilians were injured when a rocket missed its target -the Green Zone- and landed on Abu Nawas Street around 6 p.m. Another rocket landed inside the Green Zone. Iraqi police said the second rocket landed near a security company headquarters and said no casualty report is available.
- Gunmen set bombs inside a newly built house and destroyed it. The house belongs to a local Sahwa leader in Saqlawiyah town north of Fallujah.
- Five civilians were injured when a parking car bomb exploded in Al Ghalbiyah town west of Baquba.
- Gunmen killed a civilian who used to work as a policeman in Bab Al Tub area in central Mosul.