The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8:30 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians near Hussainiyah town east of Baghdad injuring four civilians.
- Two roadside bombs targeted a police vehicle in south Kirkuk injuring two policemen.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police vehicle in central Kirkuk injuring three policemen.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police vehicle killing a police lieutenant in central Kirkuk.
- Gunmen killed four members of one family. Policeman Omed Abdul Wahid found his wife and his three children killed inside the family’s house in Al Qadisiyah neighborhood in Kirkuk. Police said the killers might have used silencers.
- A roadside bomb targeted Colonel Mohammed Al Waga, a commander of VIP protection force, in Al Baladiyat neighborhood in north Mosul injuring two bodyguards.
- Around 9:30 p.m. a parked car bomb targeted civilians in a local market in Al Muqdadiyah town east of Baquba. Two civilians were killed and 12 others were injured.
- A roadside bomb targeted a vehicle of the Iraqi army in Al Sadiyah town north east of Baquba injuring three soldiers.
- A sticky bomb targeted a policeman as he drove his personal car in Baquba. The policeman was injured.
- A civilian was killed and his car was burned near Al Khalis north of Baquba.
- Around 11:15 p.m. two roadside bombs exploded targeteing civilians in two areas of Fallujah city injuring seven civilians.