The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 3 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Ghadeer neighborhood injuring three civilians.
- Around 6:30 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Kasra area injuring five civilians.
- Around 7:30 p.m. a bomb stuck to the car of a leader of an Awakening group, an American-backed Sunni militia, in Dora detonated injuring the leader and four of his body guards.
- Around 8:30 p.m. A roadside bomb targeted Awakening checkpoint in Adhemiyah neighborhood injuring four Awakening members and four civilians.
- A suicide bomber wearing a vest bomb stormed into a house in Al Salam neighborhood in Tal Afar west of Mosul yesterday. He used a pistol to kill the owner of the house and his wife after that he sat and wait for police to show at the scene. When police showed up the suicide detonated his vest bomb injuring seven policemen and one Iraqi army soldier.
- A roadside bomb targeted Iraqi police in Al Namroud village south of Mosul. One policeman was killed in the attack.
- A roadside bomb targeted a patrol of the Iraqi army in Al Qahira neighborhood in north Mosul injuring two civilians.
- A roadside bomb exploded near a police watch car in front of the fine arts institute in north Mosul killing one policeman.
- A roadside bomb targeted Iraqi army soldiers in west Mosul injuring three civilians.
- A parked car bomb and four other bombs exploded in different areas of Babil province today. The car bomb targeted civilians near a holy Shiite shrine in Al Musayyib district. Three roadside bombs exploded in Mahawil town and another bomb near Hilla city, all targeting civilians. Four civilians were killed and 65 others were injured.
- A parked car bomb exploded targeting a police convoy in Baquba injuring three civilians and one police officer.
- A roadside bomb targeted civilians in Aun town west of Karbala city killing two civilians and injuring three others.