The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 1 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Palestine street east Baghdad. One civilian was killed and four others were injured.
- Around 8 p.m. a sticky bomb exploded in Harthiyah neighborhood injuring five civilians.
- A roadside bomb targeted Iraqi army patrol in Mosul injuring six soldiers.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in central Mosul near the main bus station injuring one policeman.
- Gunmen killed a civilian, Christian, in Telkev town.
- A sticky bomb explosion killed police captain Ibraheem Khairallah as he drove his car in Ameriyah town near Fallujah.