The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 5:30 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted construction workers in Sadr city killing four and injuring 31 civilians.
- Around 8 a.m. two roadside bombs targeted the convoy of the minister of water resources. Three traffic policemen and nine civilians were injured.
- Around 11 a.m. a roadside bomb exploded as a funeral passed by in Bab Al Muatham area. The attack resulted in killing one civilian and injuring 13 others most of them from the people who were participating in the funeral.
- Around midday, a parked car bomb targeted civilians near a fuel station in Dora neighborhood. Two civilians were killed and six others were injured.
- Around 1 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Gaiyara neighborhood near a local market killing three civilians and injuring 16.
- A suicide driving a car bomb targeted a restaurant Al Bu Thiab town east of Ramadi killing two policemen and two civilians and injuring nine. Police officers were frequent customers of the restaurant. The police imposed a curfew in the province after the bombing.
- A sniper killed one Iraqi army soldier in a military checkpoint in Al Entisar neighborhood in Mosul.