The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around noon, a sticky bomb targeted Iraqi FPS (Facilities Protection Services) Captain Humadi Othman as he was driving his car in Al Taji north Baghdad. Two were injured including Othman.
- Around 7 p.m. Mortar shells slammed into the Iraqi military academy in Rustumiyah area in Baghdad. No casualties report.
- Around 9 p.m. a sticky bomb exploded in a civilian car in Al Dora neighborhood injuring the driver and three other people were passing by.
- Around 9 a.m. a parked car bomb exploded in Ramadi city targeted an Iraqi police patrol in central Ramadi not far from the governor’s office and in front of a local market area killing two policemen and two civilians and injuring nine others.
- Gunmen killed a traffic policeman in Al Risala neighborhood in Mosul. Few minutes later another traffic policeman was killed in Bab Al Tub area and a traffic police officer, 1st Lt, and a civilian were killed also near the northern bus station in Mosul by gunmen. Another traffic policeman was killed by an explosion as he was trying to check an object that turned out to be a roadside bomb. - One gunman was killed as he was trying to place a roadside bomb in central Mosul.