The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in Baladiyat neighborhood in eastern Baghdad on Sunday. No casualties reported.
- Around 8 p.m. a magnetic bomb attached to a Sahwa member's car detonated in Adhamiyah neighborhood in northern Baghdad on Sunday. Three people were wounded included the Sahwa member.
- The Iranian artillery bombed some villages of Haj Omran in northeast Arbil on Sunday afternoon. No casualties reported.
- Around 10 a.m. the Iranian artillery bombed two villages of Benjween about 62 miles east of Sulaimaniyah on Sunday. No casualties reported.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Jisr Al-Rab’a (the 4th Bridge) neighborhood in downtown Mosul targeting a police patrol around noon. Three people were wounded including a policeman.
- Around noon a car bomb detonated in Al-Ghizlani neighborhood in southern Mosul on Sunday. Five people were wounded including a traffic policeman.