The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
-Three civilians were injured by a roadside bomb in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad on Thursday morning.
-Three civilians were injured by a roadside bomb that targeted a police patrol in Abu Ghraib area in west Baghdad around 9 a.m.
- Around 7:30 p.m. a roadside bomb detonated in Binouk neighborhood in eastern Baghdad on Thursday. Three people were injured.
- Around 8:30 p.m. a roadside bomb detonated in New Baghdad neighborhood in eastern Baghdad on Thursday. Four people were wounded.
- Six people were wounded including a policeman by two roadside bombs in Wadi Hajar in southern Mosul on Wednesday evening. The first roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Wadi Hajar injuring four people including a policeman. Then, another bomb detonated at the scene targeting the explosive experts. Two other people were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Dorat Baghdad neighborhood in southern Mosul on Thursday. Two policemen were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in Mosul AlJadida (New Mosul) neighborhood in western Mosul on Wednesday night. No casualties reported.
- Police found three dead bodies with bullets in the head and chest in Tal Afar (about 37 miles west of Mosul) on Thursday afternoon.
-Gunmen killed an Iraqi soldier in front of his house in Zahraa neighborhood in east Mosul on Thursday afternoon.
- Gunmen killed a guard of the KDP (Kurdstan Democratic Party) near one of the party’s headquarters in Faisaliyah neighborhood in eastern Mosul in the evening.