The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen opened fire on two brothers, one of them was a soldier, in Reshidiyah neighborhood in northern Mosul on Sunday night. Both were killed at once.
- Police found unidentified dead body for a man in Nabi Yunis neighborhood in eastern Mosul on Sunday night.
- Gunmen killed a real estate agent in front of his house in Arbajiyah neighborhood in eastern Mosul on Sunday night.
- Gunmen killed three Christian people in two incidents in two neighborhoods in southern Kirkuk on Sunday. The first incident took place in Wahid Huzairan neighborhood when gunmen attacked one of the houses inhabited by a Christian family around 10 p.m on Sunday night. They killed two women and ran away. Meanwhile other gunmen attacked another house in Domiz neighborhood in southern Kirkuk. They killed one young Christian man and wounded his father and brother.
- A roadside bomb targeted the chief of Basra police’s convoy in Jirf AlNadaf in southeast Baghdad on Monday morning. No casualties reported.
- Gunmen threw a grenade on a police patrol beneath the Jadiriyah Bridge in downtown Baghdad around 9 p.m. Two policemen were wounded with their car damaged.