The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Four civilians were injured by a roadside bomb in Sleikh neighborhood in east Baghdad around 1 p.m.
- Four children were injured by mortar shells that hit Zafaraniyah area southeast Baghdad around 3 p.m.
- Around 6 p.m. a magnetic bomb attached to a civilian car detonated in New Baghdad neighborhood in eastern Baghdad on Friday. An official of the oil products directorate he died due to his wounds. His wife and child were wounded.
- Around 7 p.m. seven mortars hit Adhamiyah neighborhood near the 14th of July Bridge. No damage or casualties reported as the shells fell near the river’s bank.
- Around 8:30 p.m. a magnetic bomb attached to an Iraq officer's car detonated in Saadoun street in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad on Friday. Lt. Gen. Hussein Breisam was wounded in the explosion.