The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Iraqi army killed one insurgent and arrested another while they were about to attack an Iraqi army check point in Mansour neighborhood in west Baghdad on Thursday.
- Seven mortars hit the former Iraq intelligence headquarters where US troops have a base in Baladiyat neighborhood in eastern Baghdad around 9 p.m. on Thursday. No casualties reported.
- Five people were injured by a roadside bomb near Nineveh police directorate in downtown Mosul around 1 p.m.
- Around 4:30 p.m. a car bomb detonated in Tal Keif town (12 miles north of Mosul) on Thursday. One civilian was killed. Three people were wounded, including two policemen.
- Remains of two dead bodies were found by construction workers in Sulaimaniyah city on Thursday morning. The dead bodies are believed to be of people killed by the former regime, as the site is near the former emergency headquarters in downtown.
Five people (four policemen and a civilian) were injured by a bicycle bomb in downtown Baquba around 12 p.m.