The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- At 5 p.m. a magnetic bomb attached to an Iraqi Army officer’s car detonated in the neighborhood of Ghadeer in eastern Baghdad on Sunday. The car was empty but the blast wounded two people passing by.
- At 8 p.m. two people were killed when a magnetic bomb attached to their car detonated in Adhamiyah, a neighborhood in northern Baghdad. Eight people nearby were also injured.
- A roadside bomb killed seven people in the Hamdan Industrial Compound in southern Basra on Sunday. Morgue officials received seven corpses from the incident but police said only six people were killed. Six were garbage collectors and the seventh was a policeman.
- An unidentified man was found shot dead in Karat Amour village in northeast Kirkuk on Sunday morning.
- At least 17 people were wounded when a car bomb detonated in a market in the town of Qayara, about 25 miles south of Mosul.
- Gunmen shot down an employee of the Mosul medical care department in Mosul around 3 p.m. The employee was about to leave his office when the gunmen opened fire. He died immediately.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Fihaylat area in (about 17 miles south of Falluja). Six policemen were wounded ,two of them in critical condition and among the wounded were two officers.
- A roadside bomb detonated at the gate of Anbar University targeting the head of the security, the brigadier general Ali Mikhlif Al-Asafi. The brigadier general was wounded in the incident and his injury is serious.