The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Police experts defused a magnetic bomb which was under a police captain’s car in Palestine street in eastern Baghdad in the morning.
- Police defused a magnetic bomb which was under a customs’ employee’s car in Ghazaliyah neighborhood in western Baghdad.
- A gunman was killed and three other people were wounded when a grenade detonated in the gunman’s hand before he threw on a crowd near a juice bar in Mansour neighborhood in western Baghdad around 6:45 p.m.
- Two gunmen were killed when their roadside bomb detonated while they were trying to plant in Zamar town of Tal Afar( 62 miles west of Mosul) on Saturday night.
- Gunmen killed a police officer in downtown Mosul in the afternoon. Lieutenant colonel Dhafir Kashmoula has been killed in Maydan neighborhood who has transferred from the traffic police to the local police directorate recently.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol on the main road of Tuz-Baghdad in Tuz Khrmatu( south of Kirkuk) in the morning. Two policemen were wounded.
- Police found three unidentified dead bodies in Shbaija village (19 miles south of Kirkuk) in the morning.