The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb detonated under Nahdha Bridge in downtown Baghdad around 7:30 a.m. The target was a traffic police officer’s convoy. Four people were injured including two policemen.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Yarmouk neighborhood in western Baghdad around 7:45 a.m. The target was a direct general of the civil defense with his convoy. Three people were wounded including the brigadier general, Taha Khudhair, of the civil defense.
- Gunmen killed two people in Sadoun Street in downtown Baghdad around 7 a.m.
- A roadside bomb detonated near a police checkpoint in Dorat Baghdad in Mosul in the afternoon. One policeman was killed and another was wounded.
- Gunmen killed Sheikh Abdulllah AlTimiimi in Muhaijran (south of Basra). AlTimimi was an official of the tribal office of the southern Scholars and Educated collection which was founded by scholars, writers, journalists and educated people when the violence reached its peak in 2007.