The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Katyusha missile hit a deserted area near the two-floor bridge in Jadiriyah neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 7:50 a.m. No casualties reported.
- Gunmen killed two Sahwa members in Jihad neighborhood in western Baghdad around 9 a.m.
- A magnetic bomb detonated under the head of the Haj committee’s car, Seid Jafar alMusawi, in Qadissiyah neighborhood in western Baghdad around 1:30 p.m. He was injured as well as his son who was with him in the car.
-A roadside bomb detonated in the Shaab intersection in eastern Baghdad around 7:15 p.m. Two people were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in alMuhandiseen neighborhood. No casualties reported.
- Gunmen opened fire at a police check point in the New Mosul neighborhood in western Mosul. Two policemen were killed and one civilian was injured.
- Gunmen opened fire on an army check point in the Zihour neighborhood in eastern Mosul. Three people were wounded including a lecturer of Mosul University.
-Gunmen opened fire randomly in Ras alJadda in western Mosul. One civilian was killed who was a shop owner in the neighborhood.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Al-Dour ( about 8 miles south of Tikrit) on Sunday night. Four policemen were wounded.
- The Turkish artillery hit some border villages in Qandeel mountains in northeast Arbil on Sunday night. No casualties reported.