The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol near the Technology University in Karrada neighborhood in eastern Baghdad around 9 a.m. Seven people were wounded including four policemen.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Nidhal neighborhood in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 11 a.m. Two people were killed and four people were wounded including two policemen.
- Gunmen opened fire on an army patrol in Ghazaliyah neighborhood in western Baghdad around noon. Three people were killed including two soldiers and eight others were wounded including four soldiers.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in Ur neighborhood in northeast Baghdad around 3 p.m. No casualties reported.
- On Sunday night gunmen opened fire at an American at the Kornish street in downtown Kirkuk. No casualties reported.
- A car bomb was detonated under control by the Iraqi army in Baath neighborhood in eastern Mosul. No casualties reported.
- A magnetic bomb was detonated under a sedan car for a candidate of the National Iraqi list in the Jamiaa neighborhood in eastern Mosul. The candidate was wounded in that incident.