The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted a mini bus carrying pilgrims near the Hamza intersection in Sadr city in eastern Baghdad around 10 a.m. Four people were killed and ten others were wounded including three women.
- A roadside bomb targeted a mini bus carrying pilgrims in Kamaliyah neighborhood in southeast Baghdad around noon. Four people were killed and thirteen others were wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated in front of a house in Dora neighborhood in southern Baghdad around 8:30 p.m. One person was wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated in front of a house belongs to a policeman in Maamoun neighborhood in southeast Mosul. The policeman was injured with his wife and neighbor.
- A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Suq alMash in western Mosul. One soldier was killed.
- A roadside bomb targeted pilgrims who were in a ceremony for the Arbaniyah of the Imam Hussein at a Shiite mosque in Sada village in eastern Mosul. No casualties reported.
- Gunmen opened fire on a police patrol in Maidan neighborhood in downtown Mosul. One policman was killed and another was wounded.
- Gunmen opened fire on a civilian in the New Mosul in western Mosul killing him at once around 8 p.m.