The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Five mortars hit the Adhemiyah palace which is a military base in Adhemiyah neighborhood around 12:30 a.m. No casualties reported, police said.
- A mortar hit the high way route in Jihad neighborhood around 12:40 a.m. No casualties reported.
- A roadside bomb detonated in front of a house in Jamiyla neighborhood in eastern Baghdad. Two people were wounded with some damage to the house.
- A roadside bomb targeted a mini bus in the entrance of the Sadr city in eastern Baghdad around noon. Two people were killed and twenty others were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Aden neighborhood in Mosul on Saturday. One soldier was wounded.
- A magnetic bomb detonated under a car for a candidate of the Hadbaa list which won about 50% of the voters in the provincial elections which took place on Jan 31, 2009. The candidate Talab Muhsin Abbo was injured and taken to hospital for treatment.
- Gunmen threw a grenade on a police patrol at al-Kornish street in downtown Mosul. Three people were wounded.
- Gunmen opened fire on a civilian in Yarmouk neighborhood in western Mosul killing him at once.
- Gunmen killed a soldier who was out of duty in his home town in Nablis neighborhood in western Mosul.
- Gunmen opened fire on a police patrol in Dali Abass village of Moqdadiya (north of Baquba) around 2:30 p.m. Two policemen were killed and two others were wounded.
- Police found two dead bodies in al Bo Tima village of al Salam town (about 10 miles north of Baquba)
- Gunmen killed a man who was released from his detention in Bucca three days ago in Mualmeen neighborhood in Baquba. The incident took place around 6:30 p.m.