The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Two mortars hit Kadhemiyah neighborhood (north Baghdad) on Monday night. Seven people were wounded.
A suicide car bomber targeted an American patrol in the New Mosul neighborhood (west Mosul) around 12:40 p.m. Three people were wounded included two policemen who were at a check point at the scène, Iraqi police said. The multi national corps in Iraq confirmed the incident.” Three U.S. Coalition Soldiers were killed, and another Soldier later died of wounds when a suicide vehicle borne improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle in Mosul, Iraq Feb.9. One interpreter was also injured in the attack and later died of wounds”, the public affairs of the multi national corps in Iraq reported.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Zahra neighborhood in Mosul. Two children were wounded.
- Five mortars hit Bab Sinjar neighborhood in downtown Mosul. Three people were killed including two policemen and seven others were wounded including one policeman.
- Police raided a house in Rashad town in western Kirkuk on Monday arresting two women who kidnapped an infant from Kirkuk hospital on January 7th. The infant was delivered to his parents while the two women were taken to the criminal investigation directorate.
- A roadside bomb targeted the head of Rahimawa police station’s convoy in downtown Kirkuk Monday morning. One policeman was injured with one vehicle damaged.
- A roadside bomb detonated in front of the lieutenant Faris Hatif’s house, a police officer in Intisar neighborhood police station in the southern part of Najaf city around 9 p.m. No casualties reported, but little damage to his house.