The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Dora neighborhood (south Baghdad) around 7:30 p.m. One policeman was killed and two civilians were wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Palestine street (east Baghdad) around 7:45 p.m. One person was wounded.
- Gunmen threw a grenade on the people at the Adhemiyah coast road in northern Baghda around 8 p.m. Three people were wounded.
- Gunmen burned three truck trailers in Sadiya village (northeast of Baquba) on Friday night. One driver was killed while the other two are missing.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in downtown Baquba around 10 a.m. Three people were wounded including two policemen.
- A car bomb detonated in Shihabi (about 10 miles northern Falluja) targeting a police convoy around 11:15 a.m. Five policemen were killed including two officers and 20 others were wounded.
- Gunmen opened fire on an independent candidate of the Independent list near his house in Al-Bu Alian village in downtown Hilla. The candidate survived with no injury.