The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. a roadside bomb detonated near an Iraqi army checkpoint in Saidiyah injuring one Iraqi soldier and two civilians.
- Around 11 a.m. a female suicide bomber detonated her vest bomb targeting Shiite pilgrims near Bab Al Qibla, one of the seven gates of the Shrine, not far from a checkpoint searching individuals. The attack killed 40 pilgrims and injured 72. Among the killed 16 Iranian visitors were killed and 32 were injured, Iraqi police said.
-Police found one dead body in Palestine street on the Rusafa bank, the east bank of the Tigris River, in Baghdad today.
- A roadside bomb targeted Iranian pilgrims in Khanaqeen (northeast Baquba) who were on their way to Karbala to commemorate the anniversary of the Imam Hussein’s death in the battle of Karbala. Five Iranians were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in Al Maaref neighborhood in Mosul killing one civilian was passing by the site on Saturday.
- A bomb attached to a car of an Iraqi officer attached to facilities protection force exploded in Mosul on Saturday. The officer was injured.