The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Abu Desheer neighborhood (south Baghdad) around 7:45 am. Two people were injured.
- A roadside bomb targeted a member of the Basra council’s convoy in downtown Basra on Sunday. No casualties reported, but the member's car was totally burned.
- A roadside bomb targeted an officer‘s car in Zubair (west of Basra)on Sunday. No casualties reported.
- Around 10 am a suicide bomber detonated himself among demonstrators in Dawasa neighborhood in downtown Mosul. Four people were killed and 20 others were wounded. The demonstration was organized by the Islamic against the Israeli strike in Gaza strip.
- A car bomb detonated at the eastern entrance of Falluja (east of Ramadi) targeted a police patrol around 9:45 am. Two people were killed and six others were wounded.