The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
-Around 10 am a roadside bomb targeted an American-backed Sunni paramilitary checkpoint in Shaab intersection (east Baghdad). Three people were killed (including two Sahwa members) and seven others were wounded (including five Sahwa members).
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Saidiyah neighborhood (south Baghdad). Three policemen were wounded.
- Police found one dead body in Jihad neighborhood in Karkh bank.
- Clashes took place between a combined forces (Iraqi and American troops) and gunmen in Habash village (5 miles south of Baquba). Seven gunmen were killed in addition to two others who detonated themselves as they were wearing vest-bombs.
- A combined forces killed five gunmen in Beijat village (4 miles south of Baquba).
- The national police killed a gunman in Khalis town (about 10 miles north of Baquba).
- Around 2:10 pm a suicide car bomber targeted a police patrol in Jalwlaa town (east of Baquba). Fifteen people were killed including 7 policemen and 20 others were wounded.